Now that Mum has finally got her Mother's Day gift I can share it.
Bluebells (plum colour way) from issue 85 of Jill Oxton
And a different sort of WIP now.
Sweet Pea has layed eggs again :) and this time they are perfect and if look closely at the rght hand one you can see red patches which means veins and so a healthy egg.
Tonight was the Darts match and we didn't make it into the final but we only lost out on a place in it by 10 points and both teams came second in their league which is the best we've done for a few years
These have been keeping me busy the last couple of weeks along with my Mum's Mother's Day present.
I inherited the running of my WI's Darts team's last year when our previous leader passed away and tomorrow is our annual match.
At practice a couple of weeks ago I had the mad idea (yes another one, I really should stop doing that!) of making each player a badge along with the captain's and scorer's and this is the result.
I finished the last one this morning and then put brooch backs on them so they are ready to go tomorrow
I did look through my bead stash for a green that I liked and had enough of since the WI colour scheme is green and white but I couldn't find one that fitted the bill so I went with the dark blue and white of Cheshire News (WI County newsletter in case you wondered)
I'm at a loss this evening what to call this post so I haven't :)
First up is my weekend progress on Scary Book, I'm almost at the point of only having the dragon left to stitch
Last month I did the monthly stitching challenge over on NH and out of the two we had to pick from I went for this one and made it into a scissor fob. The cord is red and black ribbon plated and it's attached to the scissors I leave at DBF's which happen to be red.
It's a freebie from Lynn B
And lastly we have the last round of the UFO RR.
We've had some problems this time so I'm now done although my project won't be home for a few more weeks yet.
Mel sat on the sofa this morning and as she did some of the stitches along a seam decided that they had after 4+ years of use had enough and they ripped so after borrowing a small curved needle and some extra strong thread off Mum along with a little help off DBF to get the sofa apart I set to work.
Dan (Mel's BF in case you were wondering) took a sneeky pic of me hard at it and then informed me he'd be checking my blog to make sure I posted it
Apparently a close up of my hands was also needed
My finger and thumb are still sore but that's what you get for stitching a leather sofa together