Monday, September 01, 2014

August Progress and September goals

For August I said
Finish Art Deco Sunrise   Done
Start the model for Sparklies  Done
Pick a new weekend project   Done
Keep selling my unwanted stash  Done

For September I'd like to
Finish the model for Sparklies
Finish my weekend project
Pick a new weekend project
Keep selling my unwanted stash
Finish something else
Make more progress on my quilt


I stitched for 78 hours 47 minutes last month, had one finish and 2 new starts one of which is the model and I stitched every day.  Those 2 new starts have put me back to 30 PHD's tho :(


Current PHD total = 30

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Quilt progress

I've been working on my quilt on and off and have made it to the stage that I can start sewing them together.
I haven't lost the plot and not added white diamonds all the way around for a reason........




It means I can sew them together


I have several more tacked and ready to stitch together now thanks to visiting FIL and not being able to sit and do nothing !


Saturday, August 30, 2014

Stitching updates

Once again I didn't get round to posting my stitching progress last week so here we go.

I spent Monday - Friday last week working on Halloween Moon, the model for Sparklies


I spent Saturday and Sunday with Splendor aka Mel's Rose and got loads done on it, shame it wasn't IHSW cause that's what I did!


And Monday - Friday this week I've been working on Ho Ho Ho


Thursday, August 28, 2014

Poppy Needlecase

Something else I finished a few weeks back but never posted :(
This is a long needlecase although I rarely use a long needle I do have some and have been thinking for a while that I should make a case for them so when the kit came up for sale at a bargain price I couldn't say no.

Being circular it's impossible to get an overall pic of it so I rolled it round to show it :)




Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Stitch from Stash August report

I've had a good month this month and I've only spent £1.99 and that was for a chart that's going to be a Christmas present when it's stitched so going by the rules it doesn't even count :)  I plan on starting it later in Sept to give me time to get it done and framed.

I've carried on selling off some of my unwanted stash and have found homes for a quite a few things now but there's still a fair bit to go and I could probably find more if I tried!!

This is Ho Ho Ho from Lizzie Kate, it was a special edition kit in 2007 and I'm only just getting round to it although I've switched the colour for Ho Ho Ho to Bejewelled instead of spinach simply because I prefer it :)


New starts from stash = Life's a Stitch for an exchange that I haven't got round to posting about yet! and Ho Ho Ho.  
PHD's worked on = Art Deco Sunrise (finished), Halloween Moon (Model new start not included in SFS), Splendor Rose, Daffs and Flower Tender
£ spent =
Budget left = £83.57, £63.57 carried forward and £20 for September

Monday, August 25, 2014

TUSAL time

Today is the new moon  which means it's time post pictures of our rubbish aka TUSAL time

I've added orts from Penguins, Art Deco Sunrise, Halloween Moon, Splendor rose, Daffs and Flower Tender


And my beading orts have grown as well


Friday, August 22, 2014

Stitching updates

I completely forgot to post pics of last weeks stitching so here they are now, better late than never :)

I spent my week with Flower Tender and got the flower and bee finished apart from his eye which I'll do next time round I just didn't get round to it this time


And of course the weekend saw me working on Splendor aka Mel's Rose


Sunday, August 17, 2014

More finished beading

Back on July 27 at Haydock bead fair I took a class with Katie Dean for a beaded Dahlia, it was great fun to do and I will make more at some point


I wasn't planning on taking the afternoon class with her but did in the end, this time it was for her clouds bracelet, the main bead is done in cubic right angle weave.  Let's just say that it's unlikely that I'll be doing any more!! 


And I had a pack of tila beads hanging about so I made a bracelet 


closer up so you can see the pattern better


Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Matryoshka finish

You probably don't know this about me but love Matryoska aka Russian Dolls and have done since I was little so when I saw this pattern in the Beadworkers guild Journal I knew I had to do it at some point.
It took me a while to get the delica's together for it but I did in the end and I loved every bit of her :)

The two sides before I joined them


All stitched up and stuffed


And a side view because I can :)


The pattern is also available here and at some I will buy the needle case pattern to do as well


Tuesday, August 12, 2014

New weekend project

Mel has been dropping big hints on and off all year about her 21st birthday present so I took the hint and pulled it out.

As it started the weekend


And on Sunday evening


Silver Lining's Splendor rose