Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Dragon Robe progress

The beading I'm in on facebook has different challenges each month and for July (and August) it's to finish a PHD or however many you want to finish and earrings.
I've not made any earrings yet or finished a PHD but I have made good progress on one :)
I pulled my Dragon Robe out and got to work on it and it only went away again when I had to make some samples for WI craft group, I'm hoping I'll get back to it at some point soon.

Last time I posted about it was back in April 2016 and it looked like this in case you don't follow the link

And here it is now.  I've started the increase for the sleeves now and will soon reach the point where I will have to work straight up for a few rows and then add the rest of the sleeve width before I can go back to working straight rows

Monday, July 17, 2017

Angel Progress

I never got round to posting an update last week so you get a double one again today:)

Here's how I got on July 8/9
Most of her wing done and a chunk of over one this is also a really pic of the true fabric colour

This last weekend (July 15/16) 
I didn't have as much time with her this weekend but when I did work on her in the day I decided to concentrate on the over one neck and face and leave the 'normal' stitching to the evening when I use my daylight lamp, as good as it is you can't beat proper daylight :)

I'll carry on and do the same thing this coming weekend and there is a slim chance she'll be finished over the weekend but I may just carry on with her next week if I'm really close

Saturday, July 08, 2017


It was my Mum's birthday a couple of weeks ago and on a recent trip to Spellbound I bought a couple of bauble kits.  Both kits made 2 baubles and knowing Mum's birthday was only days away I made one from each kit for her.

This one is Medina

And this is the Art Deco

Now I just have to make the other two for me

Friday, July 07, 2017

Miss New Years Fairy finished

I put the last bead on this afternoon while watching Doctor Who 
The chart and threads along with the beads were gifted to me last year :)  She whispered in my ear for a few months until I finally got round to starting her on June 1st.  I had hoped to have her finished quite quickly but it wasn't to be with having to go back to Kent last week.
She's not the type of project I would normally go for but I have to say I've really enjoyed stitching her.

I used Dr Smiths Tonic from Sparklies which as may of worked out by now is one of my favourties :)  I also had to sub a different Crescent Colour for her dress and went with Lunar Eclipse after much trail and error.

A couple of rare (for me) arty shots to show her bling off better with the added bonus of a much better idea of the true fabric colour

I was surprised to discover that Mill Hill Magnifcas are in fact Delicas which I have a *cough cough* few of, I know that probably isn't news to a lot of you but I rarely stitch designs that call for beads so had no idea!    If anyone knows of a Mill Hill number to Delica Number conversion please point me in the right direction for future ref, thanks

Thursday, July 06, 2017

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Angel progress

I finished the collar of her dress apart from the beads, did a tiny bit of the over one for face and neck and made a start on the other wing.

The plan for this weekend is to finish the wing and do a little more of the over one

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Late once more :(

I really don't know what's up with me this year I just can't seem to post this even remotely on time although for this one I had just come back from Kent, had visitors for a few days and then had to return to Kent so I was somewhat distracted.

Not many projects added to my orts this time and most of the ones added came from Angel of the Morning!  there are some from Miss New Year's Fairy and Needlework ABC's tho

Even less has been added to my beading orts this time, with being away for most of the last 2 weeks I've hardly touched any but I do have a few small finishes to show

Saturday, July 01, 2017

June progress & July Goals

For June I said
Finishing the Angel would be nice   I knew it was a long shot so I'm not disappointed I haven't
Start the Spring SAL  No :(
Stitch (and finish) the monthly NH challenge  No :(
Finish something else would be nice (no idea what)  No :(
Get at least a couple of hexie flowers done   Yes :)
Sell some stash   I can't remember if I have or not!!

For July I'd like to
Finish the Angel
Pick a new weekend project
Finish New Year Fairy
Start Autumn Seasonal SAL
Maybe start Spring Seasonal SAL
Get June's monthly NH challenge stitched and finished
Get July's NH monthly challenge stitched and finished if I like it (it's not been posted yet)
Get a couple of hexie flowers done
Sell some stash

I had my annual stitching weekend in June which greatly helped with my stitching time but I also ended spending a lot more time in Kent then was planned for which had the complete opposite effect :(  I was only due to go for 4 days but due to things I had no control over and 1 1/2 days being wasted by someone else I had to make a return trip :(   It has meant that July's stitching has got off to a good start tho because I'm in so much pain with my leg today that I can't do anything else!

So I stitched for 68 hours 20 mins in June, had 2 new starts and 0 finishes and 1 day with no stitching :(

Current PHD total = 30