Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yet more beading

I'm still working away on the model and the good news is it should be finished early next week so I'll be posting more after that and even better is that by this time next week I'll be able to reveal the model to you all.

Before picking it up each day I've been working on some beading projects for a little while and I've finished the front of the Santa and the size's 15 on the necklace in my previous post but it doesn't look much different so I didn't bother with a pic (I really forgot to take one and only just remembered about it while writing this post but don't tell anyone that, OK)

Remember the black, gold and red beads in this post? Well I've made a start on the mad idea today and here it is Cirque de Cercles done entirely in delica beads.

Hands up if you think I've completely lost my mind :)

Friday, September 24, 2010

Beading WIP

Yesterday I went to my beading group and one of our members had offered a couple of months ago to help everyone make a necklace that she herself had done from this book (if you follow the link it's the one centre bottom).
After a few problems early on in the day I made good progress and after a little more work this morning it now looks like this. I've still got to finish working my way up to the other end with size 15's so it spirals round like the one's already there before I even get close to being half done

A bit of a closer view

I was trying to capture the crystals here but all I got was a slightly fuzzy pic still you get a rough idea.

There were some fantastic colour choices being worked on but I'm a little boring when it comes to those rare times I make a piece of jewellery and almost always go for black and white simply because I can wear it with anything.
Oh there are black crystals to add as well yet, those I'm told are what will turn it into the one on the cover but that's a way off yet

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bits and piece's

First is the SOLAK square I'm working on when I need a break from the model.

Next we have the Santa and here's my progress so far on the front of him, his legs are done but I'm not entirely happy with the way the boots turned out so I might re-do them.
In case your sat there thinking that the red is higher than the white your quite right it is, the red was done first and then I've gone back and started the white because the thread makes a difference with white beads. It's not something you have to do but it looks better in the end if you take the trouble to do it.

A few weeks ago I was browsing round a few blogs and the same design kept jumping out at me and was struck with the mad idea of doing said design entirely in beads!
I knew straight away I wanted to use black and gold so I've diverted the black delica's I bought a few days before and spent age trying to decide exactly which shade of gold to use.
Then I thought it would be a good idea to pick out part of the design in red so more time was spent deciding which shade to use
The red and gold delica's arrived this morning and I'm really pleased with the way they look together.
Now all I have to do is finish the model and Santa then I can start it and no I'm not going to tell you what design it is just yet as I'm toying with the idea of having a little guess comp when I've made a start.

And lastly have you seen the new TW freebie

Thursday, September 16, 2010

ABC Christmas update

I've been spending a little time in the evening's working on ABC Christmas so have a little progress to show you.

The model is going well but I'm starting to get really fed up of black now, oh well it'll be worth it in the end.

Mel has now started at Uni and although she's only done 2 days so far she tells me she's enjoying it. She has also passed her interview to become an adult at cadets, she'll spend 3 weekends next month doing the training course for it unfortunately one of them includes her birthday.

Friday, September 10, 2010


Here I am late again this month with my update.
This month there are orts from Quackworth, ABC Christmas, Peace on Earth ornament, Wildflowers bellpull, Mary Wigham and the model I'm working on along with white, black and red nymo

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

August progress and September Goals

For August I said
Get Edgar's prize made up and sent Done
Stitch an ornament Done
Start my new Friday SAL project Started and finished
Work on Nova Never touched it :(
Get at least one more SOLAK square done (I'm still behind)
I did 4 in total

For September
Decide on my UFO for the RR
Stitch an ornament
Do a SOLAK Square

Not many goals for me this month because I have a model to do and ideally it needs to be done by the end of the month so almost all my stitching time needs to go on that.

August wasn't too bad a month really. I stitched for 88 hours 46 mins, had 4 new starts and 5 finishes (4 of them being the new starts) and I picked up a needle every day.

Current PHD total = 37