This month on the facebook beading group it's all about peyote and there are different levels so that everyone can take part.
I've done 2 of them one intermediate (that I've just realised I've not a got a pic of!!) and the advanced one.
This is the Wildflowers box by Julia Pretl who very kindly donated the pattern to the members for the month.
I picked my own colours from stash for it and was either very brave or very stupid because the darker purple is a satin finish bead and they are fragile and break very easily. I turned out to be very lucky with it and only broke a few of them, none of them on the bit I expected them to break on tho!
I enjoyed every bit of this one and I'm really, really happy with the way it turned out
Friday morning the first of 3 carriage's for the train was let loose into the world and I was one of the ones constantly refreshing Threadabead until it appeared! That makes me eager, sad and needing to get out more or just plan excited :) Ok maybe not sad as I've not finished mine yet but one lady finished with 24 hours!
First you bead the top of the carriage
then you add the gold then work the sides so you end up with this
I've also completed the bottom of it and stitched the 2 piece together but that's just a plain black rectangle and not really worth a pic.
Next job is the wheels then there is just the cubes to do so with any luck I 'll be Thursday or maybe even Wednesday depending on how soon my bum going numb
The next part of the train was due out on Friday but not until mid morning so I wanted something quick to do while I waited.
So I did a pen cover, the pattern is part of this month challenge in the facebook and fitted the bill perfectly. It's done in tubular peyote so I don't have a flat one to show you, you'll have to make do with 2 halves and just in case it reads I love to bead
Friday afternoon I finished Damask Square as well.
For August I said
Start something new (pref a kit) I started and finished Damask Square but it wasn't a kit
Get another bit of Santa's village done Yes I completed Candy Cane cottage
Make good progress on Autumn SAL not as much as I would of liked but progress was made
Maybe start spring SAL No :(
Make progress on Rainbow Threads SAL No :(
Make some hexie flowers (or progress on my scrappy cover) I made a flower
Sell some stash Lots of items found new homes
For Septemeber I'd like to
Finish the Autumn SAL
Start the Spring SAL
Next the next part of Santas Village done
Work on Rainbow threads SAL
Make at least one flower
Sell some stash
August turned out well for me stitching wise even tho it's been a busy month with life in general and with a bout of illness thrown in for good measure. I stitched for 93 hours 43 mins, put needle and thread together every day, had 2 new starts and 2 finishes both of which were the new starts so while I'm not getting my overall PHD number down I'm not increasing it either.