Sunday, July 24, 2016

Christmas in July beading

One of the beading group I'm in on Facebook is having a Christmas in July beadalong with the emphasis on 3d stars. 
 I learnt how to make them back in 2010 and everyone got one that year for their ornament you can see them here here and here
The group has several patterns in the files so I took look through and did this one first in the called for colours and I love it :)


Next I did this one the pattern called for green and white but as you can see I went for red and gold


Then I decided that I wanted to stay with the Christmas in July theme but have a change so I dug this out my stash  St Nick needlecase from Oak Tree Crafts 


pardon the expression but here's St Nick's bottom :)


Tomorrow I'll be starting star number 3 just as soon as I decide which pattern to use and what colour to do it in 

5 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The 3D stars are very effective. St. Nick looks good too (bottom and all). :)

ALICE MARGAUX said...

Awesome stitching with beads, I like your stars a lot. Maybe one day I try this technique . First I will find the Facebook page. Happy Stitching Alice Margaux.

Terri said...

As always, beautiful beading!!!

Justine said...

What beautiful stars - they look very effective. I love your St Nick needlecraft too. He has a lovely bottom!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely beading! Even Santa's bottom!