Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Rainbow hearts

As you know rainbows are appearing in windows all over the UK in support of our wonderful NHS staff ( we really need something for the other key workers as well).
Well I can’t draw at all even something as simple as a rainbow is beyond my skill level but I can stitch 🙂
A few days ago I was doing my daily 10 minute tidy up in the back bedroom ready for fella to turn it into a craft room while he’s off work next week and came across a chart I’ve had for around 28/29 years now!!  It’s from an early issue of Needlecraft magazine (said magazine was what got me into stitching 29 years ago in June) and it fitted the bill.
Quick root round in the Aida box and a couple of minutes pulling the thread and one day of stitching time while on lockdown and here it is.


It’s now in the front window and I need to do another one for my Mum to put in her window

5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a lovely idea. We don't have a window that can be seen from the road but we have been counting rainbows on our walks.

Julie said...

It's lovely

Katie said...

Very lovely indeed.

Astrids dragon said...

That would be nice to see in a window! How sweet to make one for your Mum too.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

That's a good idea.