Monday, February 01, 2010

January Progress and Febuary Goals

For January I said
Get the UFO RR done and mailed Yes
Get an ornament done Yes
No more than 5 Guilt free starts If you don't count the ornament, SOLAK square and exchange project then yes :)

For Febuary I'd like to
UFO RR
Finish the Bear Afghan
Get an ornament done
Get a SOLAK square done
Finish as many other things as poss.

I stitched for 112 hours 52 mins had 8 new starts and 4 finishes that were all new starts (I have a bad foot that I have to rest as much as poss, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)

So those 3 new starts in one that a few of you want to know about, well the first was Doro Theos from My Big Toe, Carriage House Samplings Quaker Alphabet Sampler and a Dwarf rabbit that's for SOLAK. Alice asked what the story was behind 3 in one day so, yesterday was the last day Jan and in turn the last day of Guilt Free Jan and I decided to throw caution to the wind and start 2 things that have been calling to me for a while. The rabbit was because I realised I hadn't even started a SOLAK square for Jan so if I did I could claim it for the month but it will be finished in the next few days and when there's a little more of the other wo to see I'll share.

Now I know that my PHD total has creeped back up to the number it hung about for most of last year but I signed up for the Sprint in the Stitching Olympics over on the Wagon so there should be a fair few finishes this month. And in the same spirt I've decided to have a bit of a Finish it Feb with my beading and hope to finish off lots of the projects that have been left half done from the weekly class I used to go to.

Current PHD total = 43

5 comments:

Annie Bee said...

Good work on the goals. I am trying to work out what PHD stands for but my brain is fried at the moment so please enlightement me and put me out of my misery......LOL

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great work on the goals, that's a lot of stitching. Hope your foot is better.

Laural said...

Great work on goals!!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

I'm still chuckling on the "No more than 5 Guilt free starts" I thought that was only my goal...Now I don't feel as posessed. lol and the fact that you record your time spent, well that is just silliness coz I would be running out of batteries in the clock if I did that one...lol again. You have a nice day and do rest that foot, you never know when you will have to get up and start another project.
Be always in stitches.

Jo said...

I'm puzzling over PHD. What happened to WIPs??? Confused..

8 new starts isn't too bad - after all you did a few quickies!