Sunday, October 09, 2016

Beading weekend part 2

It's been a couple of weeks now since I posted about Tea for Two aka the beading weekend project so it's about time I shared my progress on it:)

Here's everything I've made for it so far and I still have 11 items to go (not including the tea pot I'm adding in, that's not part of  the kit/ instructions) which means I'm half way there now, well just over half way if you include painting the box for it which I've been working on over the last few days.  It still needs a little work on it and I should hopefully have that done in a day or two.

Going clockwise we have 2 of the table legs, 5 coasters, a napkin, the knob, the tea cup and the cake.


You saw this almost complete in my first post


The cake, it's a box that will house a tape measure if you want.
This has been the nightmare part of the project so far for me and I struggled with it for days :( I tried putting it aside and going back to it and still it wouldn't work for me so in the end I rang Lorraine for a chat and we got it sorted out :)


And last but not least for this post is the knob for the lid of the box


I'm hoping by that this time next week I'll be almost finished, I'd love to be finished but knowing that the tea cup took an entire day in class to do I know it's going to take me a few days of beading at home to complete it because I only do a few hours a day at most

3 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

What you have completed so far is very impressive, Lindsay.

Julie said...

A very interesting project, it looks so delicate and lovely

Pull the other thread said...

This is so AWESOME. You have done a fantastic job. Can't wait to see it all finished.