Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Christmas cakes

Over the last few months at WI craft group we've been working on our Christmas cakes step by step.
In October we put the marzipan on (well apart from me, I have double icing because I'm not a fan of marzipan!)
In November we put the icing on
And in December we decorated them, me being different did 2 of them but one is a gift.

This first one is mine and I have to admit I didn't do the bow, I was getting short of time to get mine done because I did the gift one first so the fellow member that was showing us what to do did that for me.


And the gift one, the person receiving loves marzipan so the decorations are made from it.


For someone that has never decorated a cake before I'm really pleased with how they turned out and there is every chance that we'll be doing them again next year :)

3 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Have caught up on your blog posts, Lindsay and you have a lovely selection of beading, stitching and now cake decorating.
Sorry to read abut the loss of your pet.

Justine said...

Great job Lindsay! What a lovely gift you've made.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The cakes look lovely. I do enjoy a nice Christmas cake.