Saturday, February 20, 2021

Snowman lantern

After I finished the peacock I picked up the snowman lantern from Threadabead that I’d been working on for a few months when the mood grabbed me.
I took this pic before 8am on Feb 6th, I then joined them together and made a start on the top of the lantern.
I was called to the hospital at 18.37 that evening, my Dad had been taken in seriously ill with COVID.
My world fell apart and I spent the next 10 days working madly on it while I coped/ started to deal with the loss of my Dad.

I finished it a few days ago and it will always hold a special place in my heart


Not only did I lose my Dad to this awful virus but my Mum is still in hospital recovering from it and until Monday I was self isolating after a positive test although I had no symptoms.

Please everyone do as your asked and wear a mask, wash your hands and sanitize them when your out and about


3 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

My heart goes out to you, its a shitty virus, hope your mum is home soon and you are clear. Love your ornament, think of your dad often.

Heritage Hall said...

O Lindsay ~ Enfolding you in understanding and prayers....such a great loss. Prayers for your Mom's complete recovery. That Lantern will be a
beacon of light in memory of your Dad...beautiful. Take care and be well.

Terri said...

And get the vaccine when available! I lost my mom also to Covid-19 and I have received the vaccine because of where I work (in an adult male, maximum security prison)

Sorry for your loss! I hope your mom is home soon! Hugs!