Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Conwy

Last week DBF and I went on holiday to Wales (are you surprised. lol) and we spent some time in Conwy.

First we visited Aberconwy House, the oldest and only medieval house in Conwy


If you stand on the corner as I did to take that pic when you turn round you get this view down to the quay


We walked the walls and because I did them last year with Mel I only took a couple of pics.
This arch is at the railway station and close to one of the access points for the walls 


The view down to the quay from the highest point on the walls


Then we walked the suspension bridge, built by Thomas Telford



The links look like they haven't been there that long but they are actually getting for 200 years old


The modern road bridge that replaced it in the 50's


The Toll house, it's much bigger than it looks and a family of 4 lived in it at one point


Looking back towards the castle


I love this gate by the toll house



5 comments:

Daffycat said...

Just beautiful. I'd give almost anything to have gone with!

Lesleyanne said...

Great pictures from your holiday.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

One of my favourite places, we go there most years and stay in Llandudno.

Stitchabilities said...

It's while since I have been to Conwy. Thanks for bringing back memories!!

Gillie said...

Glad you had a good time - I love the picture of the rails snaking through the arch!