Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Beading bits and pieces

First up is March'e progress on my beaded CdC AKA the mad idea

Sometime last year I was looking round Spellbound Beads site and came across instructions for a beaded mat and thought it was a great idea and I'd have to try one.
Then I had the idea (I really should stop doing that, it's not good!) that I could do one as a record of the colours I've used during the year so waited until this year to start.
Then I wondered how I'd remember what year it was from and eventually came up with putting the year in the central diamonds.   Good plan only I couldn't get it to work no matter how hard I tried and how many different fonts I used it just wasn't having it.   I had a light bulb moment of using Roman Numerals instead and after some more playing about with a design programme and some brick stitch graph paper I cracked it.

And here's the result.
I've decided that I'm not going to do the diamonds until I've finished a project and I'm only going to do one diamond in the really expensive colours (like the gold ones).   So far the only colours in there are the ones from the badges and Mum's Mother's Day present but I do have more to add.

And lastly I started a new project.  I found this freebie on the web somewhere and now can't find it again so I'm really glad I saved it!

It's a Sunflower BTW and this pic is old and out of date now but I've not taken a new one yet


Daffycat said...

Lovely work, Lindsay!

Julie said...

You have some great ideas Lindsay, the diamond mat is going to be fabulous.