For the last few months my oldest PHD has been quietly whispering in my ear so yesterday one of the things on my list was to go to the library and copy the chart which I did.
Today was the day it came out to play so as any blogger knows you take a pic
This PHD is so old that when I started it you had a either a hoop or a scroll frame, Q snaps were a thing of the future so I tried working on it on the scroll frame but you can't see where in the pic as it was a light colour right at the top.
I didn't enjoy it one bit, it wasn't the working on the scroll frame that was the problem it was that I had to stitch the opposite way to normal because waaaaaay back when I started it I must of thought it would be a good idea to work with the frame horizontal but stitch it so that my stitches would sit the way they usually do. Either that it I started it with the frame vertically which given it's 28 inch' is unlikely.
So it came off the frame
My first OMG moment was that I used masking tape on the edges and the second was at the colour of it!
You can see the huge lines of dirt and *cough 23 years cough* worth of dust on it but I thought I'd still stitch on it and did that little bit at the bottom.
Then I decided that it would probably be a good idea to wash it before I did any more just in case it didn't come clean after I'd spent probably a couple of hundred hours on it.
And tada it came clean but there is still a bit of a rust mark from a needle but it's right done the bottom and will be covered by a mat when framed so I'm not worried about it.
I hadn't been stitching very long when I started this and I think it's purely a case of far to big a project for a new stitcher combined with having 2 small kids running round at the time.
I no longer have the original pic from the kit so I've had a poke round the net and found out that it's now retired which wasn't a big surprise given it's as old as Mel but I did find one on ebay as an ended listing so you can see what it looks like and just how far I have to go on it