Saturday, September 06, 2014

Last week

Last week I once again made the trip down to East Kirkby on Lincolnshire, this time it was for the 3 Lancs once in a life time event only it wasn't :(

The Canadian Lanc 'Vera' had an engine problem so couldn't fly :( which in turn meant that because they are limited on the number of hours they can fly for it was decided that 'Thumper' wouldn't fly either but we still had a fantastic day and I got to stand a few feet away from 'Just Jane' when she did her taxi runs.  I tell you now there is nothing like it and if I figure out how to get the video off my phone and on here you'll know what I mean!

The good news is that it's been rearranged and out tickets are still valid so I'm off down there again on the 14th.




Because I was going to be spending a fair bit of time in my parents caravan I took along a small kit I've had in my stash for years because it was small and on aida so easier to work on.
Once I got home I carried on and finished it :) now I have to find another one for 3 lancs part 2


4 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Great finish. Sounds like you had fun :)

cucki said...

Great finish..beautiful photos :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Amazing aircraft, glad you're getting another chance to see them.

Julie said...

DS was telling us all about the engine problems Vera had had, such a disappointment after all the hype for the big day. Fingers crossed all goes to plan for you at the rescheduled event.

There was an emergency landing due to engine problems of another beauty yesterday at our local aerodrome (cant remember what he said it was now - I'm not a plane buff lol, but I did see it go over very low), its still there till it's fixers come to sort it!