I've been thinking for a while now that it was time I tried something new so several weeks ago I bought a zip with the idea that I really should learn how to put one in..
It took me a few more weeks to pluck up the courage and find a tutorial on youtube that I could follow and I finally took the plunge.
I dug out some furnishing fabric I was given thinking that I didn't want to ruin any of my lovely cotton and that it would be a little easier to work with and got to work.
It's far from perfect but I learnt a lot and the zip works :)
I even managed to pattern match the outside although I will admit that it was more by luck than judgement or planning.