Sunday, April 19, 2009

Workshop & Craft club projects

Yes I know it's been almost a week since I last did a post and I have no real reason why that is I do have stitching to blog about but I've not got round to it for some reason, well I tell a little lie there part of the reason is that I borrowed the Twilight books off Mel and read the first 3 in 2 days!!!! I'm working on Breaking Dawn now

Thursday night was WI craft club and we had a go at Bargello and here's my little effort. I'm at a loss as to what I finish it as so if you have a suggestion I'd be glad to hear it.



It's the scan that's wonky not the stitching


Yesterday was Guild day and we did a workshop for a felted silk scarf, you start off by doing the felting in whatever way works for you (I wet felted) then you do the painting after.

After I'd done the painting, folding and twisting to spread the colour mine looked really awful, very muddy and uninspiring but and I was very tempted to go and run it under the tap and start again. I didn't in the end and by the time I'd set it the colour it improved vastly (in case you don't know anything about silk painting the colours change when you set it and all you need is a iron)

There are 4 of these patches, 2 on each end and with out trying I got them fairly level!


I'm still not totally in love with my creation but it is growing on me, all it needs now is the have the edges neatened up which Mum will do for me because although I have a new found freindship with my machine I'm not confident enough to tack working on silk.

4 comments:

Denise said...

It's been years since I did any
Bargello, but I have always liked it. I can't tell what size yours
is -- could it be finished as a
scissor fob or pin cushion??
Love your blog!

Lucy (Mesdupmoi) said...

Looks good Mum. I love the scarf!

And the Twilight Books ARE good, lol. I've only read the first one though, because I can't remember what order they go in! (Help?)

Speak soon, Love your married daughter :D
xxx

Kristin said...

I think the bargello piece would make a great fob.

And, I really like that scarf.

CindyMae said...

I have never tried Bargello, but your looks great! I think that the color of the scarf is really nice!