Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cheshire Show

I went to the Cheshire Show today and after doing my 3 hours of sandwich making off I went around the showground. As it's an agricultural show they had the normal sheep, chickens etc there but they had other animlas there and I held a Corn Snake on the Reaseheath stand (no Mel wasn't one of the students helping out, maybe next year) but never got a pic of it


Right next door to the Ferts where some owls but this was the only friendly enough one at the time


And of course I had to have a go on the Carousel (I rode Mick in the centre) it's not the Ashley Gallopers that I love so much but they were Steam driven and fingers crossed I get to ride them on Sunday at Chelford Steam Fair

There were some vintage tractors


and cars


and some beautiful Traction engines



But for me on eof the highlights of the day was catching the Sheepshow you wouldn't think something about sheep could be so entertaining and right at the end they dance, well kind of anyway but they all knew it coming and seemed to enjoy it

The guy also did a shearing demo so the sheep went from this

to this in a few minutes

One of the things they aim to do is educate people about wool in general. Did you know that the fleece he took off the sheep is worth less than the £ it cost to remove it because people don't buy woollen items?

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I think I could have spent hours looking at those cars...cool!

Lucy (Mesdupmoi) said...

I miss the Cheshire Show.. :( Only been once in my life :(

Maybe next year :D x

Daffycat said...

What fun! I love sheep, how sad their wool isn't worth anything these days.

CindyMae said...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Cindy F. said...

I love events and days like this:)
Thank you for sharing Lindsay:)