Monday, November 23, 2009

A bit of a catch up

Remember a few weeks ago I told you about going to help Kate of Sparklies get ready for the Harrogate Knitting & Stitching show this last weekend well what I couldn't tell you at the time is that I brought this home with me to finish for her. I only did about half the blackwork on it for her so that she could concentrate on another project that also needed finishing.
It's her latest design and it was lauched at the show so I was sworn to secrecy about it until then.

I spent this last weekend sat on a car park in Llandudno for the Celtic Winter Fayre making Snowflakes.
These are just a few of the ones I made, the one at the bottom of the first pic is half done.

One lady bought 3 of them and then came back later in the day and laid claim to the first 2 in this pic and asked for another one in the same colours as one she'd had earlier. When she came to collect them on Sunday she ordered another 6 so guess what I'll be doing later


Now my little guessing game. Because the snowflakes ended up being much more popular than I expected I've not finished the hanging so I'm going to extend the the time limit to Noon tomorrow (Tues 24). None of the guess' so far are right so go ahead and have another go, every entry counts for the draw

2 comments:

Ruth said...

OOo, no wonder your snowflakes were so popular -- they are beautiful!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a fantastic model! Well done, and isn't it kida fun keeping something like that top secret?

Your snowflakes are gorgeous! Congrats on the sales!!!