Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First HD of the year

Last year I was talking to a fellow beader at one of the monthly meetings about lace and she told me about the class she teaches but as it was almost the end of term she promised to let me know more when the next term started.
That was a couple of weeks ago and after digging out my pillow I was surprised to find that I had a half done project on it, the only problem was I'd also forgotten what to do!!! (In my defence it's been about 3 years since I last touched my lace and I hadn't done much at all so it's not really that surprising I forgot it)
After some head scratching and lots of hand holding I finished it off so here in all it's glory is a simple bookmark that's taken 3 years for me to do.


I used a DMC 12 perle for it but I'm not sure of the colour maybe 3041 or close to it.

9 comments:

Kristina said...

wow, fabulous, i must learn how to do this!

Erica said...

That's beautiful! Is it bobbin lace?

Patty C. said...

Three Years - That's a definite HD
Congrats !!

Alice said...

Too pretty to use as a bookmark! Congratulations.

Kttycat said...

It's beautiful!

Rebekah said...

Very pretty!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love your bookmark, it's so fine.

Dani - tkdchick said...

That is oh so pretty! Congrats for figuring it out!

Terri said...

That's a lovely bookmark - I lve the spiders down the middle! Well done for remembering as that's the bit that always stumps me :(