Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Jean Power class

On Monday I was lucky enough to be able to take a class with Jean Power.  My local bead shop managed to get her up here to teach and well it would of been rude not to go :)

The class was for Rivoli Roses and here's how mine came home at the end of the day.
I suspect that if I hadn't made an oops early in the day when putting the components together there was a good chance I would of come home with a completed one.


Here's both sides completed, I decided to go with a red rivoli in both sides


And joined together.
And yes I used 2 different shades of silver so your not seeing things.


And of course Jean brought lots of her work for us to drool over.
I can see some of the instructions be coming part of my stash in the future.




We found out yesterday that the bead shop is closing on Christmas Eve :( which means I'm back to online bead shopping and saving up for bead fairs.   It's going to be missed as it's the only one in the area, next closest now is an hour away so not easy to nip to if I run out of thread.

Now for an OMG!!!!!!!! moment.
You all know how much of a fan I am of Jill Oxton and her magazine,  well back when I finished Henry I emailed her a pic of him and she has printed both my pic and email in full in the latest issue (#87).  That was one heck of a surprise when I got my copy and opened it up I can tell you.  Well it was once I'd looked at the pic and thought that looks like Henry before the penny dropped that it was Henry!!

4 comments:

geeky Heather said...

Your Rivoli Rose is beautiful! What a lot of wonderful bracelets and such in that photo! My eyes would have fallen out of my head, I'm sure. Congrats on being "published"! =)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Well done, I'll have to look out for this issue.

cucki said...

wow so beautiful..
well done xxx

Chris said...

Awesome class. I am so sorry to hear that your local shop is closing.
Congrats on the magazine!