Sunday, October 06, 2013

Another box

While I was sick I had a call off my WI president who was ringing to make sure I was OK and she reminded me about the competition we have in October.   Every year at the Autumn group meeting the WI's in the area hold a competition and it's always for a craft item based around a theme.  This year the theme was black and white but I had no idea about it as I've not been to meetings all summer with bowling.
I did think about entering something I'd made in the past but in the end decided that in the 3 weeks I had I could make something and after a little thought I went with a box.
I would of liked to make the Pagoda in Little Bead Boxes but it's fairly complicated and I didn't want to put myself under pressure while recovering so in the end I went the triangle box that I've made before from the same book by Julia Pretl

It's not really clear in the pics that I used 2 different blacks, one matt and one shiny




Mine wasn't the project picked by the institute to go through to the Autumn meeting but I'm still happy with my box

2 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

You should be proud, I love it, nice shape.

cucki said...

so beautiful x