Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Tassel progress

Way back in 2011 I took a class to make a tassel and bought the one the tutor was making to show us how to do it.

In June last year I shared a progress pic of that tassel.

Last week I pulled it out having decided that it was about time I finished it off and undid everything I'd done and restarted it.

This is how it looked a couple of days ago


I was never very happy with the stripes I went with and at the time I had it stuck in my head that I had to have a colour between each diamond like the first one and no matter what I tried I couldn't get it to work that way.
When I picked it up last week it struck me that I don't have to have a 'pathway' colour and that it would work quite well enough without one.
I played around on the beading software and finally settled on a combo for it then once I started it changed it again to what you see above.

I'm much, much happier with it now and it looks so much brighter than the stripes did even tho I've used the same colours, well 4 of them anyway.

5 comments:

cucki said...

Looking pretty x

Stephie said...

WOW!! That is absolutely amazing. I showed my husband your work and he thinks this is brilliant too.xx

Chris said...

That is gorgeous!!!!!!!

Silverlotus said...

Wow! It looks so great.

Julie said...

Stunning