Sunday, May 03, 2009

Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza

Mel, Sheena and I went off to Llandudno for the Extravaganza today (you can last year's report here ) and the day started off the same with a ride on the Ashley's Gallopers and the Chair-a-planes but not pics because they look the same as they did last year and I will be seeing them again at some point in the year.

At noon every day a procession starts at the station, works it way around the town and finishes in the centre. We missed most of it but we did see these guys



This guy so so close I could of touched him if I wasn't taking a pic and he did threaten to exterminate me :)

I couldn't not take a pic of the Chinese Dragon now could I?

We headed over to the pier and on the prom at the end of the pier was Chitty!


Batala was there again and I managed to catch them playing twice but I was back in the crowd so no pics this time.
All in all we had a really good day and I did take more pics but most of them are pretty much the same as last year and given the crowds there today you really won't think there's a credit crunch going on and if anything I would say it was more crowed than last year but we did go on a different day.



3 comments:

Mel said...

Oh wow, thats awesome.
I just realised I will be moving to the same area as you. I am really looking forward to moving to England.

Lula said...

Lol I can't believe it! I grew up in Deganwy about 2 miles from Llandudno and not only went to the extravaganza for years but was involved in organising it for a while

CindyMae said...

Looks like a lot of great fun!!! Glad that you enjoyed it!