Friday, April 16, 2010

Arbour Exchange sent

I was drawn to send to Edgar for the Arbour Day exchange and boy was I nervous about that! But as soon as I saw I had him I knew right away what I wanted to stitch and how I wanted to finish it and so my first ever mattress pin cushion finish came to life.
I'd alreay looked around for freebie's I could use and this one spoke volumes to me, it's Quaker Tree from The Workbasket and I used WDW Cypress on a piece of 32 count I found in my stash that was the perfect size.
For a first attempt I'm really pleased with how it turned out and will do more in the future.

I wanted to do something on the back so went with our initals and a couple of charms, one is hand shaped and says hand made the other is a little smiling sun that has stitched with love on the back


I have to say a big Thank You to Edgar for allowing me to use his pics because as you know I was an idiot with the camera card and can't use mine

3 comments:

Lynn Bourke said...

A gorgeous mattress cushion finish! Love the thread colour, too...

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Very Finely Wrought :)
Perfect from stitching to finishing!

Karan said...

A lovely piece. I do like this style of finish. :0)