Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Stitching

With being at the Get Together on Saturday I didn't work on Celtic Banner. 
Well I took it with me and had it all set up to work on when I spotted a mistake and I wasn't in the mood to frog it right then so I put it away again.
So I worked on Joyful Summer instead.


I spent Saturday night and a good chunk of Sunday at DBF's so Celtic Griffin got some attention.


I spent Sunday evening on Celtic Banner and after frogging the mistake I almost got the 4 boxes finished.


For a few weeks now I've had the nagging doubt that the fabric wasn't long enough so this morning I layed it out on the floor and got the tape measure out.
I was almost right, I'm going to 1/2" left at the end so I'm thinking I'll miss out the backstitch border a little further down as that will give me another 1/2" of space at the bottom for finishing.

8 comments:

Sue said...

Pretty pieces and all so different ;)

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely progress on your wips. I have "Joy" to do so am very much enjoying your progress.

Sally said...

Nice progress on all three pieces :)

Karan said...

Love JS - such a happy & colourful piece. The Griffin is growing well & CB is gorgeous. Glad you've been able to fudge things so you'll have enough fabric. :0)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow everything looks just great! I sooo enjoyed Celtic Banner, how are you planning on finishing it?

Jo said...

Lovely pics - how annoying to not have enough fabric (I seem to do that all the time) - but great that you've foubd a workable fudge. I hope the rest of CB is all plain sailing - with no frogs!!

Blu said...

Lovely progress on all of them!
Isn't it annoying when something goes wrong? But at least the fix for this wasn't too hard.

Justflo said...

Wow what good progress on all your WIP's . You've picked some lovely designs. Hope your arm is feeling better.