Monday, May 16, 2011

New weekend project & stash

I had a whole post ready to go and scheduled asking you all which project you thought I should aim to finish next on the weekends but then blogger decided to play silly buggers and it never appeared :(  In the end I went with my gut and pulled out one that didn't have a start date for which means it was before 2004!
The one I went with is SB's My Earth.

As it started out


And after a couple of hours (I had a busy weekend and hardly touched a needle)


One of the things that kept me busy this weekend was a bead fair on Sunday.

I got myself a few new patterns, 2 pen blanks to have a go at, the wooden body for either another Bert or the St Nick in the pic, yet another reel of black thread for my beaded CdC and a little wooden snowman that I have no idea what to do with but couldn't leave him there.


And all the lovely beads that came home with me, well almost I forgot to put the ones for Nick in the pic :(
Most are to fill in gaps in my Delica collection but some are for the Peacock box pattern Mel gave me for my Birthday today.


Thank you for all your comments on Celtic Banner and to answer a couple of questions........
Erin, Ann and Denise all asked how I was going to finish it.  Well I'm not sure yet, part of me thinks framing would be better but very expensive and heavy to hang and part thinks a bellpull would work better but I'm not confident enough with my machine to do that yet so for now it's in the drawer :)
Denise also asked about the measurements so I got my tape measure out and it's 6 3/4" wide and 46 1/2" long on 28 count.

5 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely new stash. Great progress on your SB.

Sally said...

Lovely progress on your SB. Nice new stash:)

Julie said...

This is going to be a nice one. Nice bead stash.

Belated birthday wishes xx

Karen said...

SB My Earth is such a pretty piece. Your progress is looking good! Nice new stash! :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

My Earth is one of my favourite SB pieces, I'll look forward to seeing your progress.