When I saw the pattern for this in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch and Beading #84 it spoke to me and I had to do it.
I started it on Jan first last year thinking I could enter it in the Cheshire Show but it wasn't to be and I lost interest in it for several months until last week when I picked it up once more and did the last of the beading on it.
I already knew I wasn't going to bead the tree's as I had a go at them at some point last year and was very unhappy with them and we have a model shop here in town so I went the lazy route and bought one.
I also invested in a bag of rough pasture and some hedging and here's the result of my labours over the last 10 days, you know what it's like waiting for paint, varnish and glue to dry.
Please excuse the washed out colour on this first pic of the front, the flash went off and the other one's were fairly dark and it is level it was me taking the pics that wasn't! The colours are more accurate in the other pics.
Going Anti clockwise, side 1
And from above.
It's far from perfect (I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to beading) but I'm really happy with how it turned out in the end.
I just wish I could of found some tiny gravestones at the model shop as the finishing touch