Sunday, April 10, 2016

Beaded pen

A bowling friend had a birthday this week and because I've known her longer than she's known her hubby of 25 years I decided to make her something took me a while to decide what it would be and in the end I settled on a pen.   I picked my pattern and colours and made a start and hated it so started over on a new pattern.
This one wasn't without it's troubles!  I took it along to my weekly beading group only to realise on the way there I'd left the pattern at home :(  but that was OK I'd done enough of it to be able to copy it.   Once I got there tho I discovered I'd left one of the colours behind, the one in the centre of the flowers and not only did no one have it with them but the shop had none either!  So I spent a good chunk of the time looking for a new one and in the end I'm actually happier with it :)
I also managed to forget my thread , really wasn't my day.


She loved it and told me this evening that her hubby is fascinated by it so it was worth the hassle in the end :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

It's a super gift and looks so complicated

Shebafudge said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous! What a lucky friend x

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A beautiful gift. It's hard to believe you had so many issues making it.