Monday, July 24, 2017

Happy dance time :) :) :)

The last stitches went in Angel of the Morning around 2.20pm today :)

I started her back in 2001 when she was released.   She was one of those projects that I just had to do and as soon as I got the phone call to say she was in stock I was in the car and over the pennies to Wye Needlecraft to collect her.
She got put aside for some reason (most likely a model arrived) and got ignored for a few years then she went out on a UFO RR when she arrived home she was put away once more :(

In March fella and I split up and I could not (and still can't) face working on My Ark which had been my weekend project and was one for his grandchild so I had to find another one and she talked to me.


And here she is in all her glory.


The last section to be stitched


Not the called for beads, I looked up the colours and had a root round my stash of 15's to find one's that would work


These are the called for ones tho


I'm a little sad she's done because I've enjoyed working on her (apart from the linen, I think she's the project that put me off working on it) but I'm happy to cross off a PHD esp one so old

11 comments:

Renee said...

What a beautiful finish!

Justine said...

What a stunning finish and a great story behind her too. Her face is beautiful. Hope you get her framed and enjoy her.

loulee said...

She is stunning. Beautiful and timely. An angel to watch over you.

Julie said...

Fabulous finish - she's beautiful

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance. What a gorgeous face, the over one stitching is exquisite on L&L designs and worth the extra time it takes.

Marilyn said...

Beautiful, great job.
Marilyn

Pull the other thread said...

Wow that is absolutely stunning. Well done for getting the finish on this one. Love it.

Anonymous said...

That is just stunning, well done on your great progress on it.


ตารางบอล

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, she's lovely!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's a gorgeous finish.

Anna van Schurman said...

Lovely finish. Great job!