Friday, July 07, 2017

Miss New Years Fairy finished

I put the last bead on this afternoon while watching Doctor Who 
The chart and threads along with the beads were gifted to me last year :)  She whispered in my ear for a few months until I finally got round to starting her on June 1st.  I had hoped to have her finished quite quickly but it wasn't to be with having to go back to Kent last week.
She's not the type of project I would normally go for but I have to say I've really enjoyed stitching her.

I used Dr Smiths Tonic from Sparklies which as may of worked out by now is one of my favourties :)  I also had to sub a different Crescent Colour for her dress and went with Lunar Eclipse after much trail and error.


A couple of rare (for me) arty shots to show her bling off better with the added bonus of a much better idea of the true fabric colour



I was surprised to discover that Mill Hill Magnifcas are in fact Delicas which I have a *cough cough* few of, I know that probably isn't news to a lot of you but I rarely stitch designs that call for beads so had no idea!    If anyone knows of a Mill Hill number to Delica Number conversion please point me in the right direction for future ref, thanks

5 comments:

Darlene said...

Here is a conversion that might help you.
http://northernexpressions.blogspot.ca/2012/10/bead-conversions.html

Love seeing all the projects you work on.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

She is gorgeous, she is actually my favourite out of all these celebration fairies. I wish Nora did the charts on their own and not just the kits.
Always nice to find a new favourite fabric too.

loulee said...

She is adorable, and you learned something along the way too. A truly great finish.
I'll have to look out for a chart.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A lovely finish. Your photo shows how pretty this is. I hadn't really looked at this design before.

Julie said...

Stunning finish, she's fabulous.