Monday, September 08, 2008

Home from Wales

Apart from the pouring rain the trip to Wales was uneventful. We left about 2.30pm and arrived a couple of hours later, once all the setting up had been done and a brew had Mel and I headed off for a call of nature and on the way back we noticed how the cloud was hanging around the top of the mountains so I grabbed my camera for a pic.


Mel caught me taking a pic of her as we walked down the slope from the play area

Saturday morning we went to Conwy Water Gardens to see what reptiles they had, sadly they didn't have any Water Dragons but we did find NemoWe went for a Pancake in the Dutch Pancake house they have there and we got a few odd looks because at Mel's suggestion I took a pic of my pancake (yes I know I'm sad) then my camera was passed around the table for everyone else to do the same!
Mine's apple & cinnamon and was very yum

Then we thought we'd walk round to see the Otters. You have to go through a gate to get to them and the second the gate was opened we got mobbed by ducks!


We had planned on going to Conwy Butterfly Jungle in the afternoon but it was closed due to the weather (still can't figure that one out as it's inside not out in the pouring rain) so we wandered round Conwy for a couple of hours before heading back to the caravan.

Sunday was a trip to Anglesey but it's getting late and it's time for me to head for bed so you'll have to call back tomorrow to find out where we went :)

7 comments:

Daffycat said...

I think you had a great time, judging from the photos!

You did flush Nemo down the drain, right?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time. Love the ducks!

Anonymous said...

Oh that pancake does look yummy!
Glad you had a good time shame about the weather!!

Lucy (Mesdupmoi) said...

Glad you had a good time Mum. Sorry about the weather though. It rained here all weekend too. We had flood warnings on friday - but we still had to go out and do the food shop in torrential Rain!

x

Jennifer said...

It sounds like your day was filled, can't wait to see where else you went. Seeing the pancake makes me hungry!

Ginnie said...

Looks like you had a good time despite of the rain!!

MysteryKnitter said...

I'm happy you had a good time.