Thursday, September 11, 2008

Now for that Happy Dance

White Tiger Eyes and it's for Mel, I bought the kit earlier this year with her in mind for it when it was done but she saw it and started dropping very large hints that I should stitch it sooner rather than later, I gave in last month. Most of the stitching was done in the caravan in Wales last weekend, I've found that when I'm in the caravan aida is easier to work on even with my portable daylight lamp.
I've signed up for the next round of the UFORR and the first mailing date is Monday so this afternoon I went through my WIPs and pulled out the candidates then got Mel to help me choose which one. She went for the Celtic Cross so off it goes on it's travels for the next 8 months looking like this

While I was going through my WIP's I made a decsion about a couple of them and that was to retire them completely and recaputre the stash. Both are TW's, Millennium and Holly & Ivy Sampler, with Millennium it's been a case of hoping the stitching turns up (it's got lost in one of my moves over the last few years or it could be buried somewhere at ExH's) and if it does then I'll reinstate it. With Holly & Ivy I've come to realise that while I do still like it I don't love it enough to finish it and as there's very little time invested in it I think it's time to call it a day with it.
So while it appears I've cut my WIP list done by 3 I've only cut it by 2 in reality because I came across a partly done kit in a bag of things that came down form Ex's but it's only small and won't take long to finish it, I may do that one next after I'm done with Charmed Hearts (current UFO SAL projects)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiger's Eye looks wonderful! Congratulations on reducing your WIP list too ;)

geeky Heather said...

Tiger Eyes is stunning! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks great!

Tama said...

Those Tiger Eyes are beautiful! Congratulations on your finish!