Sunday, February 15, 2009

Angel Box Happy Dance

Last November I did a course at The Bead Trail to learn how to make a beaded box, today I finished it and to say I'm pleased is an understatement. I have loved every bit of the at times steep learning curve I had on this and I can see more of them in the future. The only thing missing is the bead handle on the lid but I can't find my I pins so it will have to wait a day or two.

I wanted my Angels to have a bit of a colour in their lives

Although it's a bit fuzzy you get a better idea of the pattern on the lid, it's the same pattern on the base



There is something in the region of 5000 Delica's (4,400 of those are the sides) it stands approx 2 1/2 inches tall and is approx 1 1/2 wide. I'm back there tomorrow for another class this time it's a tassel

9 comments:

Daffycat said...

Wow, what an awesome happy dance for you. This box is gorgeous, Linsay...well done!

Sheila said...

Oh wow - it is BEAUTIFUL. Please bring it to the GTG in June so I can drool over it in person. Not sure if my previous comment showed up ... that is a lovely exchange gift you got - so cute :)

Lynn B said...

The only thing I can say is WOW it's beautiful!

Jo said...

Fantastic HD - it's just gorgeous. Glad your angels have a little colour in their lives!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing work!

Lucy (Mesdupmoi) said...

This is really nice !! x

Kristin said...

Wow...I am super impressed. It is stunning!

Laural said...

That is amazing!! Congratulations on your finish!

geeky Heather said...

Very snazzy! Congrats!!