Monday, June 30, 2008

A few pics from Cumbria

As I said in my last post from a somewhat damp Keswick we went to the Pencil Museum on our first day there, as you go around there's a table in the middle of the room with small cards on and pots of pencils for you have a play about with, so both Mel and I did.
I really can't draw and you can laugh at my febble effort below, I was going to leave it there but decided that it would ony end up in the bin at the end of the day so I brought it home with me

As you leave you walk past the World's biggest pencil, go look in the Guiness Book of World records if you don't believe me
Tuesday we went to Trotters World of Animals and I do have more pics from there which will make their way into my Webshots album at some point over the next few weeks but just for Sharon here's one I took just before we left


Thursday night it was time to move to the Woolfest site ready for Friday. I gave Mel my camera on Saturday and she came back with pics of Sheep and a Llama and lateish in the day I had a chance to go and try my hand at some Extreme knitting in aid of Breakthrough Breast Cancer, those needles are heavy and huge!


Last but not least both my stitching and sock yarn stash's grew a little, Mel kept trying to drag me away from the stands with Sock yarn on them claiming I had enough but when it came to the red and black one on the top row she didn't object at all but I guess that has alot to do with the fact that the resulting socks will be her's

As I said above I do have more pics and they will make their into Webshots over the next few weeks but right now most of my time and energy will be going on packing ready to move in the next couple of weeks

2 comments:

Daffycat said...

Lovely peacock, thanks! :o)

It sounds as though you had a nice holiday. Isn't is great to get away once in a while? I look forward to seeing more pictures!

Anonymous said...

You can draw about as well as I can Lindsay ;)

Glad you had a good time!